[ltp] Re: fan noise

Damon Lynch linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 18 May 2011 10:40:50 -0500

--0016e6dd97e19914ad04a38eb600

> From: Thomas Hartwig <t.hartwig@itth.com>
> I am sorry to say but from my long Thinkpad experience I know this is a
> problem which persisted all the time in the history of all models. I
> have investigated much time in alternative throttling, core disabling
> and fan speed adjustments but in the end I have given up. Lenovo does
> not put much effort in a design which might have a fanless running
> available, at least for all the mid-pro models.

Unless it's doing something CPU intensive, my T400s runs silent almost all
of the time.  The loudest component by far is the 1.8" hard drive.

Damon
--
http://www.damonlynch.net

--0016e6dd97e19914ad04a38eb600

argin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;">
From: Thomas Hartwig &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:t.hartwig@itth.com">t.hartwig@it=
th.com</a>&gt;<br>
I am sorry to say but from my long Thinkpad experience I know this is a<br>
problem which persisted all the time in the history of all models. I<br>
have investigated much time in alternative throttling, core disabling<br>
and fan speed adjustments but in the end I have given up. Lenovo does<br>
not put much effort in a design which might have a fanless running<br>
lear=3D"all"><br>Unless it&#39;s doing something CPU intensive, my T400s ru=
ns silent almost all of the time.=A0 The loudest component by far is the 1.=
8&quot; hard drive. <br>
onlynch.net</a><br>

--0016e6dd97e19914ad04a38eb600--