[ltp] T61 system board (42w7872)

Helen Borrie linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 06 Nov 2011 12:37:43 +1300

At 10:36 AM 6/11/2011, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:

>In the end, I went the 42w7648 and the switch worked perfectly. Another
>difference is that this one only has 1 pc-card slot while 7872 has two,
>but since they were not used at all, it doesn't matter.

Amazing, I've had my T60 for three years and, since Day 1, I've used a PC card slot for attaching an external SATA drive.  I never noticed before that it has 2 slots!  Mind you, the two slots are so close together that it looks as though it would be awkward (or worse) trying to deal with the bits that protrude from some cards.

Helen