[ltp] PATA IDE 2nd HDD caddy for IBM T4x

Helmut Hullen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
10 Nov 2011 15:08:00 +0100

Hallo, Dick,

Du meintest am 10.11.11:

>> That works. Perhaps with a little help.
>>
>> You should (or must) jumper the disk with a small jumper as
>> "master".

> For laptops (44 pin connector) the master/slave jumper scheme given
> below seems to be pretty common, although I wouldn?t be surprised to
> find others. Looking at the pins, we have (v = pin 1):

>     . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .   . .  device 0

Most of my 2,5" disks show                          . |
                                                    . |

for "master".

And when I use an SSD or a CFdisk in a CFdisk2IDE adapter as replacement
for the usual disk (hda or sda) then I have to jumper it as master (in
the above advice I had remembered wrong: not in the bay but in the
"regular" disk place).

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut