[ltp] BIOS update on Thinkpad X220 fails

Ricardo Reis linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 16 Nov 2011 10:09:51 +0000 (WET)

--8323329-1388565730-1321438191=:3227

On Wed, 16 Nov 2011, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:

> On mer., 2011-11-16 at 10:52 +0100, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
>> Trying the usual:
>>
>> label x220t
>>         menu label x220t bios update
>>         linux memdisk
>>         append iso
>>         initrd /8duj12uc.iso
>>
>> doesn't work. With the initial image, it fails with the same error as
>> initial poster (upgrade just hangs). With the images after
>> geteltorito,
>> it doesn't boot. Relevant messages during boot:
>>
>> El Torito BCD sanity check failed.
>> El Torito bot catalog sanity check failed.
>> MEMDISK: Image seems to have fractional end cylinder
>> [...]
>> MEMDISK: bootstrap too large to load
>
> So, removing "append iso" fixes the problem, but I'm back to the initial
> problem, the upgrade hangs...

have you read this?

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/BIOS_update_without_optical_disk

  Ricardo Reis

  'Non Serviam'

  PhD candidate @ Lasef
  Computational Fluid Dynamics, High Performance Computing, Turbulence
  http://www.lasef.ist.utl.pt

  Cultural Instigator @ R=C3=A1dio Zero
  http://www.radiozero.pt

  http://www.flickr.com/photos/rreis/