[ltp] Bluetooth at ThinkPad Edge E120

Matt Jenny linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 19 Nov 2011 15:28:23 -0500

--0015177418a893cbd804b21c4b04

try sudo lsusb and see if it is listed, if it is, then try and find a way
to use it, i don't have the first clue about KDE. If not, check your BIOS
and see if there is an option to enable it, on my X201s there is no option
to disable bluetooth, it looks to be the standard bluetooth daughtercard,
that is quite compatible, so its should work out-of-box on any recent
kernel.

On a minerly off topic rant, why would lenovo remove so many indicator
LEDs, I can't find a logical reason, and they look like a downgrade, and
annoying, like in this situation having a bluetooth indicator would be an
easy way to see if it is working or not. I have been using ThinkPads since
my 770ED in 1997, the indicators and the trackpoint have been why I stayed
with IBM and then Lenovo, and the reason I plan on staying with my X201s as
long as I can is because I don't think I could deal with three indicators
(just three if memory serves), maybe someone who had my opinion going in
could give me their impressions of the new configuration, because I am
unsure of what laptop I will get when mine bites the dust or gets too slow
for my uses (which is what usually happens).

On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 7:22 AM, Zaki Akhmad <zakiakhmad@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just installed Kubuntu 11.10 at ThinkPad Edge E120. On the
> specification it's written that this laptop has bluetooth. How do I
> enable this bluetooth?
>
> Thanks!
> --
> Zaki Akhmad
> --

--0015177418a893cbd804b21c4b04

try sudo lsusb and see if it is listed, if it is, then try and find a way t=
o use it, i don&#39;t have the first clue about KDE. If not, check your BIO=
S and see if there is an option to enable it, on my X201s there is no optio=
n to disable bluetooth, it looks to be the standard bluetooth daughtercard,=
 that is quite compatible, so its should work out-of-box on any recent kern=
el.<br>
LEDs, I can&#39;t find a logical reason, and they look like a downgrade, an=
d annoying, like in this situation having a bluetooth indicator would be an=
 easy way to see if it is working or not. I have been using ThinkPads since=
 my 770ED in 1997, the indicators and the trackpoint have been why I stayed=
 with IBM and then Lenovo, and the reason I plan on staying with my X201s a=
s long as I can is because I don&#39;t think I could deal with three indica=
tors (just three if memory serves), maybe someone who had my opinion going =
in could give me their impressions of the new configuration, because I am u=
nsure of what laptop I will get when mine bites the dust or gets too slow f=
or my uses (which is what usually happens).<br>
ail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-le=
ft:1ex">

Hello,<br>
I just installed Kubuntu 11.10 at ThinkPad Edge E120. On the<br>
specification it&#39;s written that this laptop has bluetooth. How do I<br>
enable this bluetooth?<br>
Thanks!<br>
Zaki Akhmad<br>
--<br>
The linux-thinkpad mailing list home page is at:<br>