[ltp] SD cards on T61

John Jason Jordan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 12 Oct 2011 01:06:43 -0700

I have a Thinkpad T61 6460-7EU running Fedora 14, x86_64. The SD card
reader always mounts all SD cards read-only. I have tested the cards in
Windows and Mac computers and in my Android phone, and the cards are
fine. Therefore, it must be a physical problem with the reader
hardware, or it must be a problem with Linux.

I have an acquaintance who has a Dell Inspiron, also running Fedora 14
x86_64, and he has no problem mounting SD cards read-write. This leads
me to the conclusion that it must be the module and/or hardware.

My hardware is:

[jjj@Devil8 ~]$ lspci
<snipped>
15:00.2 SD Host controller: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C822 SD/SDIO/MMC/MS/MSPro
	Host Adapter (rev 21)
15:00.4 System peripheral: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C592 Memory Stick Bus Host
	Adapter (rev 11)
15:00.5 System peripheral: Ricoh Co Ltd xD-Picture Card Controller (rev
	11)

The modules are:

[jjj@Devil8 ~]$ lsmod |more
mmc_block	8860  0
sdhci_pci		7871  0
sdhci		18496  1 sdhci_pci
mmc_core	64209  2 mmc_block,sdhci

Does anyone have a T61 that properly mounts SD cards read-write? If so,
please share your distro and information from lspci and lsmod, and
anything else you can think of that would help me fix this problem.