[ltp] SD cards always mount read-only

Lenz Grimmer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 14 Oct 2011 21:36:28 +0200

--------------enig21B9CFF38158CC2810156DFC

On 10/12/2011 06:56 PM, John Jason Jordan wrote:

> Mine is the same controller. So if it works for you and not for me it
> must be that either my controller is defective, or it is software.=20

Just a wild guess, but usually SD cards have a small write-protection not=
ch on
the side. Could it be that your reader does not properly detect the posit=
ion
of the write-protection tab? I'm not quite sure how it's tested, but if i=
t's a
mechanical switch or a photoelectric sensor, this particular part of the
reader might be to blame.

Bye,
	LenZ
--=20