[ltp] battery is gone?

Sun, 16 Oct 2011 00:35:14 +0300

--0OAP2g/MAC+5xKAE

On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 10:37:07PM +0200, Arno Trautmann wrote:
> Tino Keitel wrote:
> >On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 11:40:24 +0200, Arno Trautmann wrote:
> >>Hi all,
> >>
> >>again I have in interesting behaviour of my machine: It doesn't
> >>consume any power!
> >>At least if I beleave what it tells me: A few days ago, I could use
> >>
> >>cat: /proc/acpi/battery/BAT0/state
> >
> >gunzip -c /proc/config.gz | grep CONFIG_ACPI_PROCFS_POWER
>=20
> Gives an error:
>=20
> arno@robocat> gunzip -c /proc/config.gz | grep CONFIG_ACPI_PROCFS_POWER
> # CONFIG_ACPI_PROCFS_POWER is not set

That's not an error, that's an explanation of why /proc/acpi doesn't
exist on your system: it was disabled when compiling your kernel.

You can find battery info in /sys/class/power_supply/BAT0 nowadays, I
believe.  /sys is generally supposed to replace the old /proc for all
information that is not directly related to running processes.

> Did I do something wrong? =85

Not unless you configured and built your kernel by yourself.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Unix is the answer, but only if you phrase the question very carefully.
                -- Belinda Asbell

--0OAP2g/MAC+5xKAE

--0OAP2g/MAC+5xKAE--