[ltp] tp_smapi

Timothy Murphy linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 17 Oct 2011 15:09:18 +0100

Has this mailing list dried up?
I seem to have had no postings from it for several months.

In any case, I'm asking about the status of tp_smapi under Fedora 15.
There does not appear to be a tp_smapi RPM at any of the official repositories,
and the one I downloaded (I'm not sure where from) did not work.
Fedora is not mentioned in <http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Tp_smapi/>.

I had to download the source  tp_smapi-0.40.tgz
and make the following changes:
[tim@blanche src]$ diff -r tp_smapi-0.40 tp_smapi-0.40.original
diff -r tp_smapi-0.40/thinkpad_ec.c tp_smapi-0.40.original/thinkpad_ec.c
91c91
< static DEFINE_SEMAPHORE(thinkpad_ec_mutex);
---
> static DECLARE_MUTEX(thinkpad_ec_mutex);
diff -r tp_smapi-0.40/tp_smapi.c tp_smapi-0.40.original/tp_smapi.c
112c112
< static DEFINE_SEMAPHORE(smapi_mutex);
---
> static DECLARE_MUTEX(smapi_mutex);
After installing this, followed by "modprobe tp_smapi"
it works fine on my T60.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net