[ltp] Replacement/custom keys?

Rubin Abdi linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 17 Oct 2011 15:26:00 -0700

--------------enigDC32CBE6FE87507B926E2551

Richard Neill wrote, On 2011-10-17 15:21:
> Well done. Was it any cheaper that way?

I bought mine during a 4th of July sale, it was cheaper but I don't
remember exactly by how much. Additionally there were some extra options
available on the DOS machine that weren't on the Windows side, like less
RAM and a smaller hard drive, which made it even cheaper. Anyhow, you
should be able to get a quote off of the site.

> It's pretty easy to swap the key-tops around, and you can buy a spare
> keyboard for $20 or so on eBay, to have some spares to experiment with.=

> I should guess that a very small amount of acetone, applied carefully
> with a paintbrush might do it (acetone melts plastic). Otherwise, try
> some really fine-grit sandpaper, wrapped around a finger-tip.

I scratched off the Windows logo from an older IBM desktop keyboard
before, kind of don't like how the keys feel now. I'm a little concerned
about the acetone, but might try it on a key I don't care as much about.

--=20
Rubin
rubin@starset.net