[ltp] Replacement/custom keys?

Mon, 17 Oct 2011 23:31:53 +0100

> It's pretty easy to swap the key-tops around, and you can buy a spare
>> keyboard for $20 or so on eBay, to have some spares to experiment with.
>> I should guess that a very small amount of acetone, applied carefully
>> with a paintbrush might do it (acetone melts plastic). Otherwise, try
>> some really fine-grit sandpaper, wrapped around a finger-tip.
>
> I scratched off the Windows logo from an older IBM desktop keyboard
> before, kind of don't like how the keys feel now. I'm a little concerned
> about the acetone, but might try it on a key I don't care as much about.

I suspect that the type of sandpaper makes a huge difference. You'll
want something like 1200-grit, and to go very gently.

You could always try adding paint: a small amount of enamel paint will
probably work.

BTW, these domed decals work pretty well as a Win replacement:
http://www.scotgold.com/acatalog/ScotGold_Catalogue_Linux_Tux_Stuff_2.html