[ltp] ThinkPad E520 WiFi & Knetwork manager - openSUSE 12.1

James Knott linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 19 Oct 2011 00:19:21 -0400

I have the Live CD version of the latest pre-release version of openSUSE
12.1.  Everything seems to work, except I can't get KNetworkManager to
work with the WiFi (Realtek rtl8192ce module).  I can get it to create a
wlan0, if I use the traditional "ifup" method.  However, when I try to
use KNetworkMangager, I can't even enable WiFi.  When I click on
"Enable", it quickly disables it again.

Suggestions? Ideas?

tnx jk

BTW, this is a new computer, so I'm using the Live CD, so I don't have
to change anything, not even run Windows, in case it has to go back.