[ltp] Re: [opensuse] ThinkPad E520 WiFi & Knetwork manager - openSUSE 12.1

James Knott linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 19 Oct 2011 11:30:30 -0400

James Knott wrote:
> I have the Live CD version of the latest pre-release version of
> openSUSE 12.1.  Everything seems to work, except I can't get
> KNetworkManager to work with the WiFi (Realtek rtl8192ce module).  I
> can get it to create a wlan0, if I use the traditional "ifup" method.
> However, when I try to use KNetworkMangager, I can't even enable
> WiFi.  When I click on "Enable", it quickly disables it again.
>
> Suggestions? Ideas?
>
> tnx jk
>
> BTW, this is a new computer, so I'm using the Live CD, so I don't have
> to change anything, not even run Windows, in case it has to go back.

As an experiment, I tried the i686 version and the same thing happens.
I then tried it in a T43 and no KNetworkManager at all and it can't even
run Yast.  I'm not going to bother trying my R31.