[ltp] tp_smapi

Wed, 19 Oct 2011 18:51:18 -0200

On Wed, 19 Oct 2011, Wade Curry wrote:
> Henrique de Moraes Holschuh(hmh@hmh.eng.br) wrote:
> > >
> > > If you accept an alias for the other submissions, then I can't
> > > see how you can refuse the alias signing a maintainership
> > > transfer as well.  You have no other options, do you?
> >
> > Well, FWIW, I can stand as a witness, since I was cc'd by Shem on
> > the relevant conversation of the maintanership handover.
> >
> > Besides, there is not even a need to do it officially: the
> > license supports forking, and if you're the only one currently
> > working on the code, you're the maintainer of the fork people are
> > going to use.  All it takes is announcing new releases here,
> > really.
> >

> I was really only curious about the nature of the previous
> maintainer. :-)

Ah, that's only known to Shem himself.  I believe he/she/them told Linus and
someone else (Andrew Morton maybe?) in confidence just in case, but I am not
even sure about that.  Something of that sort was in one of the LKLM posts.

It is not like it matters any.  What we need to get code in mainline are
people who are available to do clean-room reverse engineering procedures.

So, if you happen to be capable of doing serious reverse engineering legally
and would be up to documenting what the Windows drivers do, what the BIOS
sends the EC, or even what the EC wants to receive on its various IO ports,
THAT would help a great deal.

  Henrique Holschuh