[ltp] Any News Yet on the Upcoming Win 8 notebooks/ultrabooks with UEFI - Which Will Also Boot Linux?

Donald B Altman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 21 Oct 2011 00:38:22 -0400

Hi James,  Thanks for your input.  As I understand the problem, MS is
planning to use "secure boot" with Win 8, which will lock UEFI to all
other OSs except Win 8 UNLESS the vendor explicitly programs their UEFI
to allow another OS on the machine.  There's been a lot of chatter about it.

See, for instance:

On 10/20/2011 03:59 PM, James Knott wrote:
> Donald B Altman wrote:
>> I apologize if this is somewhat off topic...

<SNIP>