[ltp] x121e keyboard any good?

Peter Gantner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 20 Oct 2011 10:58:56 +0200

Hi Wolfgang,

On 2011-10-20 10:26, Wolfgang Karall wrote:
> Hello,
>
> after years of using Thinkpads (T and X models) I am looking into
> replacing my old T43p (used as secondary notebook in the office at
> times) with a cheap alternative, I stumbled across rather favorable
> reviews for the x121e (using the AMD chip), but I wonder if the keyboard
> (which looks different, more stylish, the keys being more apart than on
> traditional layouts) is any good?

I have the x100e which uses the same keyboard.

These things are always a matter of taste but I can say this: The
chiclet keys are *nothing* like the traditional TP keyboards. That said,
it's an excellent keyboard, and does not even compare to most things
I've used on other subnote/netbooks.

> I'd appreciate any other comments on the model as well, of course. :)

Well I found the X100e chassis to be rather nice layout-wise. The
internals of that model left a lot be desired though but engadget for
exampled sing high praises on the x120e expecially in comparison to its
predecessor.

HTH,
  Peter G.

--