[ltp] Any News Yet on the Upcoming Win 8 notebooks/ultrabooks with UEFI - Which Will Also Boot Linux?

Micha linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 21 Oct 2011 15:13:44 +0200

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
    bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    I'm hoping that it will go the same way the attempt to kill windows
    XP went with the debut of windows Vista. All high paying heavy
    weight industrial customers said no way, and Microsoft had to keep
    XP around until windows 7 came out (actually Windows XP is still
    alive as quite a few heavy customers are still reluctant to accept
    windows 7 as well).<br>
    The heavy weight industrial customers will not have windows 8 only
    machine at least a few years in.<br>