[ltp] E520 - turn off touch pad

Matt Jenny linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 22 Oct 2011 17:41:27 -0400

--90e6ba6e889c53336804afea0d64

I forget it was an edge series, not sure if you can, for some reason I was
thinking it was a "normal" thinkpad, I am going to have to look this up, In
the HMM on page 77 it shows a ZIF connector for what I think is the
fingerprint reader and the touch pad, but there still should be a BIOS
option, that is what I would recommend.

On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 5:32 PM, Matt Jenny <jeni.matsuto@gmail.com> wrote:

> Disable it in the BIOS, I do not remember where the option is, but its not
> hard to find or you can disconnect it from the laptop itself, the
> fingerprint reader and the touch pad are on the same ZIF connector, so you
> will have to decide if you use the fingerprint reader.
>

> On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 4:23 PM, James Knott <james.knott@rogers.com>wrote:
>
>> I have a ThinkPad E520, which comes with both TrackPoint and touch pad
>> pointing devices.  How do I turn off the touch pad.  I bought a ThinkPad,
>> because I hate touch pads and prefer TrackPoint.  Even though I use the
>> TrackPoint, the touch pad is still an irritation, as it responds to my hand
>> moving above it.  I just want to turn it completely off.
>>
>> tnx jk
>>
>> --

--90e6ba6e889c53336804afea0d64

I forget it was an edge series, not sure if you can, for some reason I was =
thinking it was a &quot;normal&quot; thinkpad, I am going to have to look t=
his up, In the HMM on page 77 it shows a ZIF connector for what I=A0think=
=A0is the fingerprint reader and the touch pad, but there still should be a=
 BIOS option, that is what I would=A0recommend.<br>
e=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;">
Disable it in the BIOS, I do not remember where the option is, but its not =
hard to find or you can=A0disconnect=A0it from the laptop itself, the finge=
rprint reader and the touch pad are on the same ZIF connector, so you will =
have to=A0decide=A0if you use the fingerprint reader.<div>
=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padd=
ing-left:1ex">

I have a ThinkPad E520, which comes with both TrackPoint and touch pad poin=
ting devices. =A0How do I turn off the touch pad. =A0I bought a ThinkPad, b=
ecause I hate touch pads and prefer TrackPoint. =A0Even though I use the Tr=
ackPoint, the touch pad is still an irritation, as it responds to my hand m=
oving above it. =A0I just want to turn it completely off.<br>

tnx jk<br><font color=3D"#888888">
-- <br>
The linux-thinkpad mailing list home page is at:<br>
d" target=3D"_blank">http://mailman.linux-thinkpad.<u></u>org/mailman/listi=

--90e6ba6e889c53336804afea0d64--