[ltp] E520 - turn off touch pad

Ricardo Reis linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 23 Oct 2011 01:22:39 +0100 (WEST)

--8323329-823290651-1319329360=:2783

On Sat, 22 Oct 2011, James Knott wrote:

> Ricardo Reis wrote:

>>     synclient TouchpadOff=3D1
>
> That seems to have done it.  I'll have to add that command to=20
> /etc/init.d/after.local, so that it's always off.

I have made it into a script that is activated by .xsession and also=20
mapped to the touchpad Fn key. Sometime I lend my computer and people=20
don't interact well with the trackpoint.

touchpad.sh

  - > cut here ---------------

#!/bin/bash

if [ $(synclient -l | grep TouchpadOff | gawk -F '=3D ' '{ print $2 }') -eq=
=20
0 ]; then
     synclient TouchpadOff=3D1
else
     synclient TouchpadOff=3D0
fi

  - < cut here ---------------

  Ricardo Reis

  'Non Serviam'

  PhD candidate @ Lasef
  Computational Fluid Dynamics, High Performance Computing, Turbulence
  http://www.lasef.ist.utl.pt

  Cultural Instigator @ R=E1dio Zero
  http://www.radiozero.pt

  http://www.flickr.com/photos/rreis/