[ltp] T61 system board (42w7872)

Olaf Schultz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 30 Oct 2011 20:50:31 +0100

On Thu, 2011-10-27 at 21:18 +0200, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> On jeu., 2011-10-27 at 20:13 +0200, Michael Unterkalmsteiner wrote:
> > http://www.ebay.de/sch/itsco/m.html?_nkw=t61&_sacat=0&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_odkw=&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3911.c0.m270.l1313
> >
> > Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with that shop, just bought a used T60
> > from them
> > and happy 'til now.
>
> Unfortunately they seem to only have widescreen t61s.

Than have a look on www.lapstore.de

I've bought there my A30 (died after some years with the typical garbled
screen, also known from some Apples... something with thermal- and
mechanical stress on the BGA of the graphic-chip... self repair with
hot-air-gun didn't worked...

It's successor, a A31 (sudden death after approx 4 years continues
runnig as Server, was also from lapstore.

Clearly nothing to complain about that store or the thinkpads.

The A30 suffered a 50 cm high fall on a edge with broken pots for the
screen-articulars...was easy to repair. And the A31...hey, even a good
Asus-PC-mainboard didn't last 7 years in nearly continues run.

An dnow the next (which model not decided up to now, but I like
1400x1050:-) will be bought there.

Regards,

Olaf
--