[ltp] T60 or T61?

Tim Prince linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 31 Oct 2011 08:20:00 -0400

On 10/31/2011 7:50 AM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I have a Thinkpad T60 (with large screen) which I am very happy with.
> I am thinking of getting another (second-hand) T60 or T61,
> and am wondering which is better for the Linux user?
>
> I'd normally go for the T61, but I've seen a number of postings
> in various forums suggesting that it is likely to be more troublesome
> than a T60.
>
> Any advice or suggestions welcome.

Some of my colleagues have had the experience of breaking 5 T61s over
the 5 years for which my T61 has been in use daily.  Nearly always shut
down when not in use.  Converted to SSD and locked down to Win7 by my
employer the last few years.  I think you'd find an even older CPU than
the 1st Intel laptop dual core archaic.  I hardly find the incentive to
complain about the lockdown at this age.

--
Tim Prince