[ltp] ACPI and CPU issues on Thinkpad X220 running Debian GNU/Linux

Kumar Appaiah linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 2 Sep 2011 07:33:17 -0500

Dear Oscar,

On Fri, Sep 02, 2011 at 12:29:07PM +0200, Oscar Frasciello wrote:
>    First: Anything else working good, during hibernation with pm-hibernate
>    i get in kernel and in console:" ACPI: Unable to dock!" but Hibernation
>    works good
>    even after resume; only somtimes i've to unload/reload wifi kernel module
>    in order
>    to make it work. Don't know if it's a related issue. The Bios is upgraded
>    to the las 1.19
>    release.

Could you please tell me the kernel version you use? (uname -r)

>    Second: In powetop i see two missing idle state for the CPU, namely C3 and
>    C4 which i was
>    expected to found there. Is it a wrong guess from me or is there any
>    problem (which could be
>    obscure for me)? If those idle states miss, i guess it would be a trouble
>    for the CPU and the
>    whole system, 'cause maybe the CPU stays more time on unrequested powerful
>    states so determining
>    also resource consumption, overheating and fan noise.

I don't know for sure about this one, but I'd still want you to tell
me the kernel version. Could this happen because your kernel doesn't
see all the cores? This may happen on x86 kernels, but I may be wrong
again. Generally, this shouldn't indicate a CPU problem.

Kumar
--
Kumar Appaiah