[ltp] Any experience with Thinkpad X1?

Mon, 19 Sep 2011 18:24:59 -0400

Hi.  I find myself suddenly in the market for a new laptop, and
I'm considering the Thinkpad X1.  Has anyone got any experience
to report on this machine?  Things I'm curious about are:

 *) Glitches in support for the basics (WiFi, suspend, external video)
 *) Trackpad mouse gesture support (or some other way of getting
    three-button mouse equivalence)
 *) Battery life

(FWIW, the point of comparison is a lovely little Asus machine on
which Everything Just Worked... until it started physically falling
apart.  I'm actually considering buying two, and treating them as
disposable...)

Thanks in advance for any info!

Robert Thau
rst@{ai,alum}.mit.edu