[ltp] USB port colors, nonfunctional port on X220

Rubin Abdi linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 20 Sep 2011 09:33:08 -0700

--------------enig3D8D6527270D842BD9CD529A

I have an X220 i7 with USB 3.0. My machine has three ports, black,
yellow, blue. The yellow port seems to be USB 3.0, as it's got the extra
female ports. What do the colors exactly mean, as I thought blue was USB
3.0 and yellow simply means power over USB while asleep?

Additionally plugging anything into the blue port gives zero response in
dmesg. :(

--=20
Rubin
rubin@starset.net