[ltp] Audio is really quiet on the X220

Steven J. Owens linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 20 Sep 2011 17:48:18 +0000

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 11:26:01AM -0600, Yves Dorfsman wrote:
> On 2011-09-20 10:49, P. Siegl wrote:
> >I'm running Gentoo unstable with Vanilla Kernel 3.1.0-rc6 on my x220 and
> >audio over jack or the speakers is like it should be ...
>
> Same here with Ubuntu 11.04 64 bit.

     I'm running Ubuntu 10.4 LTS on a T520 and audio over the speakers
is very underpowered.  Audio over headphones is much more acceptable.

     I got a second T520 for my mom and left Windows 7 on it, it seems
to be significantly louder than on the one with Ubuntu.  I need to get
around to making a 10.4 LTS live CD and trying that on the Windows
machine.

--
Steven J. Owens
puff@darksleep.com / (412) 401-8060 cell