[ltp] USB port colors, nonfunctional port on X220

Matt Jenny linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 20 Sep 2011 16:59:25 -0400

--0016e644b96c18272504ad65bcc0

from some googling I think the Blue is USB 3.0, the Yellow is USB
2.0 always on, and black is normal USB 2.0. try lsusb and see if a USB 3.0
hub is listed. I am guessing at this because I have yet to work with USB 3
but I think it should be listed the same as USB 2.0. Your USB 3.0 hardware
may not be supported yet.

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 12:33 PM, Rubin Abdi <rubin@starset.net> wrote:

> I have an X220 i7 with USB 3.0. My machine has three ports, black,
> yellow, blue. The yellow port seems to be USB 3.0, as it's got the extra
> female ports. What do the colors exactly mean, as I thought blue was USB
> 3.0 and yellow simply means power over USB while asleep?
>
> Additionally plugging anything into the blue port gives zero response in
> dmesg. :(
>
> --
> Rubin
> rubin@starset.net

--0016e644b96c18272504ad65bcc0

from some googling I think the Blue is USB 3.0, the Yellow is USB 2.0=A0alw=
ays=A0on, and black is normal USB 2.0. try lsusb and see if a USB 3.0 hub i=
s listed. I am guessing at this=A0because=A0I have yet to work with USB 3 b=
ut I think it should be listed the same as USB 2.0. Your USB 3.0 hardware m=
ay not be=A0supported=A0yet.<br>
in:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;">
I have an X220 i7 with USB 3.0. My machine has three ports, black,<br>
yellow, blue. The yellow port seems to be USB 3.0, as it&#39;s got the extr=
a<br>
female ports. What do the colors exactly mean, as I thought blue was USB<br=

3.0 and yellow simply means power over USB while asleep?<br>
Additionally plugging anything into the blue port gives zero response in<br=

dmesg. :(<br>
--<br>
Rubin<br>

--0016e644b96c18272504ad65bcc0--