[ltp] Audio is really quiet on the X220

Steven J. Owens linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 22 Sep 2011 16:45:47 +0000

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 11:47:58PM -0600, Yves Dorfsman wrote:
> You do use both the hardware audio level AND the OS audio setting?

     Thank you both, and Yup, I've checked all of the both hard and
soft methods of fiddling with the audio level. I've tried alsamixer,
pulseaudio (pavucontrol), the in-application audio controls, the
physical controls, ran speaker-test, fiddled with the X GUI "sound
preferences", etc, as documented on this linux-thinkpad thread:

http://old.nabble.com/t520-speakers-seem-weak-td31728621.html

     The next post mentions amixer showing some limits. That sounds
like it might be a useful line of inquiry...

--
Steven J. Owens
puff@darksleep.com / (412) 401-8060 cell