[ltp] Re: Those dumb forward/backward keys on X220

Michael Livshin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 22 Sep 2011 18:32:04 +0300

Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac@debian.org> writes:

> I usually bind them to next/prev desktop and I really like it :)

That's a great idea too.  The question is, really, *how* does one do
such a thing on a modern distribution (which means: Xkb, no HAL, the
user's mind switches off by way of blowing a safety fuse after reading 2
paragraphs of any text involving the word "setxkbmap", user's Google fu
is otherwise apparently useless), as it looks like my mastery of xmodmap
(whatever is left thereof, anyway) is no longer relevant.

It's a 2-line recipe, right?

Right?,
--m