[ltp] hibernate, X220, memory, ubuntu Maverick, and ssd

Rubin Abdi linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 03 Apr 2012 11:00:42 -0700

--------------enigB6B0AE8E31B3A4D2227C5028

philippe preux wrote, On 2012-04-03 06:58:
> I am running Ubuntu 10.10 on a Thinkpad x220 (mechanical hd if that
> matters). It works great, except a few things like it does not go to
> hibernation. I have a message "cannot suspend" when I close the lid, or=

> when I try to hibernate.
> It shuts down and reboots cleanly.
> I wonder why. I read somewhere that the swap partition must be at least=

> as large as the amount of main memory. Is this the reason why?
> Otherwise, any idea?

Yes swap needs to be bigger than how much ram you have in the machine.

My solution to the hibernation problem all my friends were seeing were
to talk them into switching up to Debian Sid.

--=20
Rubin
rubin@starset.net