[ltp] T420s fan noise

Dan M. linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 03 Apr 2012 23:22:45 -0400

------9EDQOLXUOR9CJ4G2JJNKG3ATXYISEQ

Sorry about the top post.

I had this issue fresh out of the box. I updated to the latest bios and all was well in the world again(also).

TpFan has not been needed since the update
--
Sent from my Android phone with GMX Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

Arian Kuschki <arian.kuschki@googlemail.com> wrote:

Am 03.04.2012 10:16 schrieb "Alessandro Crismani" <alessandro.crismani@gmail.com>:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I saw some people on the list using a T420s. I have one, and I have been
> experiencing excessive fan noise, due to a fan that never spins down
> from 4000 RPM.
>
> The long standing issue is reported here (last page of a 101 pages
> thread):
> http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T400-T500-and-newer-T-series/T420s-Fan-noise-Issue/td-p/443569/page/101
>
> Is anyone of you seeing this? I am trying to figure out whether it is an
> hardware problem, hence I should ask for a new motherboard, or if a long
> requested BIOS update could solve it, in which case I'll continue
> pestering Lenovo.
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Alessandro
>
> --

For me this issue went away when I updated my bios. Do you have the most recent version?

------9EDQOLXUOR9CJ4G2JJNKG3ATXYISEQ

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
I had this issue fresh out of the box. I updated to the latest bios and all was well in the world again(also).<br>
TpFan has not been needed since the update <br>
-- <br>
Am 03.04.2012 10:16 schrieb &quot;Alessandro Crismani&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:alessandro.crismani@gmail.com">alessandro.crismani@gmail.com</a>&gt;:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Hi everybody,<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I saw some people on the list using a T420s. I have one, and I have been<br>
&gt; experiencing excessive fan noise, due to a fan that never spins down<br>
&gt; from 4000 RPM.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; The long standing issue is reported here (last page of a 101 pages<br>
&gt; thread):<br>
&gt; <a href="http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T400-T500-and-newer-T-series/T420s-Fan-noise-Issue/td-p/443569/page/101">http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T400-T500-and-newer-T-series/T420s-Fan-noise-Issue/td-p/443569/page/101</a><br>

&gt;<br>
&gt; Is anyone of you seeing this? I am trying to figure out whether it is an<br>
&gt; hardware problem, hence I should ask for a new motherboard, or if a long<br>
&gt; requested BIOS update could solve it, in which case I&#39;ll continue<br>
&gt; pestering Lenovo.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Thanks a lot,<br>
&gt; Alessandro<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; --<br>
&gt; The linux-thinkpad mailing list home page is at:<br>
&gt; <a href="http://mailman.linux-thinkpad.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-thinkpad">http://mailman.linux-thinkpad.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-thinkpad</a></p>
------9EDQOLXUOR9CJ4G2JJNKG3ATXYISEQ--