[ltp] Suspend thinkpad

Florian Reitmeir linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 04 Apr 2012 18:33:17 +0200

Hi,

Elliot Orwells wrote:
> Anyone has suspend working on a recent Thinkpad? Running Gentoo in a
> X220 here, it suspends perfectly on Gnome 3, the problem is resuming the
> session . No button seems to have an effect.

> I press the on/off button and it continues blinking as if yet suspended,
> so I'm forced to reboot. No error is logged in /var/log/messages or in
> pm-suspend.log (attached), so I have no clue.

blinking led means, an hardware/acpi error
what hardware do you have? please send the output of
- lspci
- uname -a

> ps: I tried to suspend directly on the kernel and also using the
> hibernate script frontend to call the in-kernel suspend too. Difference
> is that on/off doesn't blink and I can resume suspension from the shell,
> but when entering X the system crashes completely becoming unresponsive.

i bet you have an nvidia graphics card in the notebook. if so, you have
to install the propritary drivers to get suspend working, or try an
newer kernel. with nvidia suspend always works, resuming is the tricky part.

greetings

--
Florian Reitmeir
E-Mail: florian@reitmeir.org