[ltp] OT: Windows Refund

Fen Labalme linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 13 Apr 2012 14:48:52 -0400

--20cf3020798482645004bd93ece3

I wanted something similar.  My T420 came with Windows 7 and is now running
Ubuntu GNU/Linux.  I asked if they could send me a CD and activation key so
I could load the Windows that I paid for into a VirtualBox (as I find
running Windows to QA websites I build is useful).  But they told me that
the Windows that came with the machine was keyed to the machine so that
they couldn't do this.  Seems morally wrong, but there are few morals in
business, I suppose...

=Fen

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 7:57 AM, Axel Braun <axel.braun@gmx.de> wrote:

> Gents,
>
> does anyone of you know if there is still a refund possibility for the
> preinstalled Windows on the ThinkPad? If possible in Germany?
>
> Thx
> Axel
> --
> Linux on a ThinkPad: http://www.axxite.com/brn
>
> --

CivicActions.com
http://xri.net/=Fen.Labalme

--20cf3020798482645004bd93ece3

I wanted something similar. =A0My T420 came with Windows 7 and is now runni=
ng Ubuntu GNU/Linux. =A0I asked if they could send me a CD and=A0activation=
=A0key so I could load the Windows that I paid for into a VirtualBox (as I =
find running Windows to QA websites I build is useful). =A0But they told me=
 that the Windows that came with the machine was keyed to the machine so th=
at they couldn&#39;t do this. =A0Seems morally wrong, but there are few mor=
als in business, I suppose...<div>
2 at 7:57 AM, Axel Braun <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:axel.braun=
ail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-le=
ft:1ex">
Gents,<br>
does anyone of you know if there is still a refund possibility for the<br>
preinstalled Windows on the ThinkPad? If possible in Germany?<br>
Thx<br>
Axel<br>
Linux on a ThinkPad: <a href=3D"http://www.axxite.com/brn" target=3D"_blank=
">http://www.axxite.com/brn</a><br>
--<br>
The linux-thinkpad mailing list home page is at:<br>