[ltp] Intel 945 Express Chipset

Zymurgeek linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 19 Apr 2012 06:24:58 -0400

--0016e6d975e8766f4604be0595bb

I've got a T60 with the 945 (model 1953-E4U).  It works just fine.  The
only odd thing is that during resume, the screen shows a funny pattern as
if the image were twisted around or sheared until it's almost random
colored pixels, but after the resume operation completes, it's fine.  No
other issues.

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 4:49 AM, Dick Summerfield <ds@iae.nl> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm thinking of buying a used T60.
> I prefer to buy it reasonably locally so that I can see it first.
> I've understood that T60's with Intel graphics are to preferred over and
> above those with ATI graphics
> (cooler and quieter which are things I like).
>
> I have now found one on offer with Intel 945 Express Chipset Family
> graphics, so this is maybe what I'm
> looking for  but I seem to remember Intel 950 being mentioned here on the
> list. 945 is new to me.
>
> I'm sure I would have an acceptable machine with this one but the cooler
> and (hence) quieter the better for me.
>
> Does anyone one know a bit more about this combination, please?
>
> Regards,
> Dick Summerfield.
> Netherlands.
>
> --

--0016e6d975e8766f4604be0595bb

I&#39;ve got a T60 with the 945 (model 1953-E4U). =C2=A0It works just fine.=
 =C2=A0The only odd thing is that during resume, the screen shows a funny p=
attern as if the image were twisted around or sheared until it&#39;s almost=
 random colored pixels, but after the resume operation completes, it&#39;s =
fine. =C2=A0No other issues.<br>
field <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:ds@iae.nl">ds@iae.nl</a>&gt;<=
/span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8=
ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
Hello,<br>
I&#39;m thinking of buying a used T60.<br>
I prefer to buy it reasonably locally so that I can see it first.<br>
I&#39;ve understood that T60&#39;s with Intel graphics are to preferred ove=
r and above those with ATI graphics<br>
(cooler and quieter which are things I like).<br>
I have now found one on offer with Intel 945 Express Chipset Family graphic=
s, so this is maybe what I&#39;m<br>
looking for =C2=A0but I seem to remember Intel 950 being mentioned here on =
the list. 945 is new to me.<br>
I&#39;m sure I would have an acceptable machine with this one but the coole=
r and (hence) quieter the better for me.<br>
Does anyone one know a bit more about this combination, please?<br>
Regards,<br>
Dick Summerfield.<br>
Netherlands.<br>
--<br>
The linux-thinkpad mailing list home page is at:<br>