[ltp] T61 hotkey_mask changed after resuming from suspend to ram

Jens Rutschmann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 02 Aug 2012 23:10:37 +0200

Am 26.07.2012 00:42 schrieb Henrique de Moraes Holschuh:
> On Wed, 25 Jul 2012, Jens Rutschmann wrote:

>>> Exactly which version of X.org are you running?  Distro and package version,
>>> please.
>>>
>>> I fear I will have to track this down in the X.org source if I am to
>>> preserve my sanity.
>>
>> This is on Gentoo, xorg-server is 1.12.2
>>
>> I already grepped through it's sources for "hotkey" but couldn't
>> find anything that seems related to it. Could it be in one of the
>> many X11 libraries ? I really have no idea where to start looking
>> for it.
>
> Probably.  Please grep for it in the binaries installed in your system, that
> should narrow things down nicely :)

Hi Henrique,

first thing I did was updating the BIOS and EC to the latest versions.

Then I grepped through my whole system and also the dot files in my home but couldn't find anything.

I also started X from VT using startx (as root) and the same thing happens, so I guess we can exclude KDE components.
In this case I suspended by echoing "mem" to /sys/power/state
dmesg still insists that the X process is doing that.

I also wanted to check what happens when I suspend and resume from VT with no X involved at all, but unfortunately the
backlight didn't come up again when resuming, so I couldn't check.

I'm pretty much out of ideas right now.

Jens