[ltp] rfkill initial state

Joachim Breitner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 10 Aug 2012 09:48:42 +0200

--=-XRtvKyQ5DsL58MtFpv7t

Hi,

I know this comes up repeatedly, but still: I have trouble with my
rfkill setup. I have a T430s with three rfkill switches: bluetooth,
wlan, wwan. I want bluetooth and wwan to be off by default. For wlan
always off or last state is both ok, as I can quickly turn it on using
Fn-F5 if required. (In contrast to my T400 wpa_supplicant correctly
detects the INTERFACE_DISABLED state and waits patiently until it comes
up again.)

I checked if the state is maybe automatically preserved over boots, but
that is not true. So I did

$ cat /etc/modprobe.d/rfkill.conf=20
options rfkill default_state=3D0 master_switch_mode=3D0

and indeed, bluetooth and wlan come up disabled, but not so wwan. Any
idea why? Is there a better way to disable these devices (but not
permanently, I still want to be able to activate them using
        echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/thinkpad_acpi/wwan_enable
in my /etc/network/interfaces.)

Also, is the rfkill switch enough to actually power down the device
devices and save power, or is more required to do so?

Thanks,
Joachim

--=20
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner