[ltp] [W510] decreasing power use, increasing battery life: screen and lid issues

Petter Hansen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 04 Dec 2012 16:40:24 +0100

--------------000405060309030909090309

Den 04. des. 2012 13:03, skrev Marius Gedminas:
> On Mon, Dec 03, 2012 at 05:37:17PM -0800, Tom Roche wrote:
>> Can I get advice on ways to improve a Thinkpad W510's battery life when
>> running debian?
Have you tried the Intel HD Graphics in processor instead of Nvidia?
You vil probably get 100% more battery life. In my t520 i only use the
intel graphics. That give me up to 10 hours on battery. With the nvidia
graphics i get around 4 hours.
You also have to use 3.0 > kernel.

--
Petter Hansen