[ltp] [W510] decreasing power use, increasing battery life

Petter Hansen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 05 Dec 2012 17:53:08 +0100

Den 05. des. 2012 14:36, skrev keitho@strucktower.com:
>> Have you tried the Intel HD Graphics in processor instead of Nvidia?
>> You vil probably get 100% more battery life. In my t520 i only use the
>> intel graphics. That give me up to 10 hours on battery. With the nvidia
>> graphics i get around 4 hours.
> I would like to try this, but I haven't the experience with
> installing/configuring video drivers that most of you appear to have ...
>
> Can someone point me to a post or tutorial which can lead me through the
> procedure of installing and configuring the Intel HD Graphics drivers? I
> don't even know the commands to show me which drivers are installed. I had
> no idea that was possible for this laptop. I definitely only get about
> 4-hours battery time.
You have to get in to bios at start up (press F1) and probably go to
config>display>Graphics device> and change graphics to "integrated"
Press F10 and ok to change bios setting.
Reboot and you are done.

--
Petter Hansen
Enter SU to get rootly powers.