[ltp] Re: [W510] decreasing power use, increasing battery life

Thu, 6 Dec 2012 08:03:10 -0800

> You have to get in to bios at start up (press F1) and probably go to
> config>display>Graphics device> and change graphics to "integrated"
> Press F10 and ok to change bios setting.
> Reboot and you are done.

Well, after looking, evidently I only have Intel graphics on this machine=

The only option under config>display>Graphics device> is Boot Display
Device (Thinkpad LCD chosen).

lshw reports:  *-display
             product: 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated
Graphics Controller
             vendor: Intel Corporation
             physical id: 2
             bus info: pci@0000:00:02.0
             version: 09
             width: 64 bits
             clock: 33MHz
             capabilities: vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
             configuration: driver=3Di915 latency=3D0
             resources: irq:44 memory:f0000000-f03fffff
memory:e0000000-efffffff ioport:4000(size=3D64)

Not sure what else to check.

So, why am I only getting 4 hours battery time? Really, until you
mentioned gettting 10 hours I thought it was "normal" to get only four
hours. I had tried playing around with powertop a year ago or so, with no
apparent improvements.

Using the Lenovo 55+ battery (5.2Ah 57Wh).

Thanks,
Keith Ostertag