[ltp] problems with slice battery & Ubuntu

Mark Wotton linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 8 Dec 2012 15:08:36 +1100

G'day all,

I'm having a bit of a trouble getting my slice battery to work. It's
worked in the past, but not recently: I suspect I may have drained it
down to zero. The problem is that it won't charge now.

rhino =E2=9E=9C  ~  cat /proc/acpi/battery/BAT0/info
present:                 yes
design capacity:         56160 mWh
last full capacity:      50880 mWh
battery technology:      rechargeable
design voltage:          10800 mV
design capacity warning: 2544 mWh
design capacity low:     200 mWh
cycle count:  0
capacity granularity 1:  1 mWh
capacity granularity 2:  1 mWh
model number:            42T4793
serial number:           17815
battery type:            LION
OEM info:                Panasonic
rhino =E2=9E=9C  ~  cat /proc/acpi/battery/BAT1/info
present:                 yes
design capacity:         unknown
last full capacity:      unknown
battery technology:      rechargeable
design voltage:          10800 mV
design capacity warning: 0 mWh
design capacity low:     0 mWh
cycle count:  0
capacity granularity 1:  1 mWh
capacity granularity 2:  1 mWh
model number:
serial number:
battery type:
OEM info:

and, confusingly:

rhino =E2=9E=9C  ~  acpi
Battery 0: Unknown, 0%
Battery 1: Charging, 86%, 00:19:06 until charged

I am getting these odd messages in /var/log/syslog:

Dec  8 14:15:53 rhino kernel: [191707.237114] ACPI: Deprecated procfs
I/F for battery is loaded, please retry with CONFIG_ACPI_PROCFS_POWER
cleared

running Ubuntu 12.04 on a t410 - would very much appreciate any
insight into debugging tactics.

cheers
Mark

--
A UNIX signature isn't a return address, it's the ASCII equivalent of a
black velvet clown painting. It's a rectangle of carets surrounding a