[ltp] Overheating T500

Paul Seelig linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 13 Dec 2012 12:28:17 +0100

Even if this is solely happening with Ubuntu, this is still a rather
broad target. Your below mentioned thinkwiki article not even mentions
whether it is the 32bit or the 64bit version, which desktop release,
etc. Not very useful for serious debugging.

May i take it for granted that your machine runs the latest BIOS from
Lenovo? This would be the first place to look at, IMHO.

Have you ever tried with some other distribution? Does the same happen
with them as well?

I am very happy with Debian testing/unstable and wouldn't touch Ubuntu
even with a three meter pole since their introduction of these strange
desktop defaults. There is (and always was) a whole world of Linux
besides all these variations of Ubuntu. ;)

Cheers,
Paul