[ltp] Overheating T500

irb linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 14 Dec 2012 11:14:24 -0700

--Nq2Wo0NMKNjxTN9z

* Henrique de Moraes Holschuh (aka hmh@hmh.eng.br) used 1.7K on Fri, 14 Dec=
 2012 at 11:50 -0200 to say:=20
> On Fri, 14 Dec 2012, Julien Iguchi-Cartigny wrote:
>=20
> So yes, it could very well be a kernel bug.  But it is far more likely th=
at
> you have a thermal interface crack, or some other manufacturing defect th=
at
> shows up after some use.

I've been seeing this issue too, on a T43p that's been running Slackware Li=
nux
for many years. Slack 14 comes with a 3.2 kernel and that's when I started
suffering random reboots. Stock or custom kernel doesn't matter.  I've had
some luck (!!) with removing the thermal module, but I'd be curious to know
what changed.

/i.

--Nq2Wo0NMKNjxTN9z

--Nq2Wo0NMKNjxTN9z--