[ltp] Battery tweaks for X1 Carbon - cannot install ts_mapi

Evgeni Golov linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 23 Dec 2012 15:40:56 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 10:50:41PM -0200, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Dec 2012, Sandro wrote:
> > I thought I'd install tp-smapi-dkms because my battery keeps charging
> > those small percentages while I'd rather have it charge only when it
> > has dropped below 40%.
> >
> > But those instructions found in
> > <http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Tp_smapi> do no good in Ubuntu 12.10.
> > The modprobe_command gives an error about a missing file that is
> > there?
> >
> > Does somebody know how to get those precise battery functions in
> > modern thinkpads tike this Carbon X1?
>
> Yes.  Find a way to get me one, or track down the author of tp-smapi
> and get him one.  Failing that, track down "mg" from the thinkpad-forums
> and get him one.
>
> Maybe there are others who could do it, I am sure they'll say "me too"
> to this thread if they're around :p

I'll say there is noone who can do this. But for another reason: the X1
has no SMAPI. Lenovo opted in for a ACPI only interface:
https://github.com/evgeni/tp_smapi/issues/3#issuecomment-2567753

Greets
Evgeni 'tp-smapi should be dead but I try to maintain it without a clue' Golov

--
Bruce Schneier can read and understand Perl programs.