[ltp] confused about power managment with T520 with Debian with no DE

Sat, 4 Feb 2012 12:17:33 -0800

OK, so thanks to Paul I found out that I can use pm-suspend to put my T52=
0
to sleep from the command line as root. And after doing so I can resume
from sleep with the Fn-F3 button.

pm-suspend says only root can invoke it. How to make it so I can do it
with my regular login?

In addition, it would be much easier if I could invoke it with the Fn-F3
button. This used to work under Gnome. In fact, since I moved away from
Gnome the laptop no longer goes into sleep mode when I close the lid.

Can someone teach me how to enable the Fn-F3 button to invoke sleep, and
how to configure the system so that closing the lid puts the laptop to
sleep?

Thanks,
Keith Ostertag