[ltp] Re: Resolved- confused about power managment with T520 with Debian with no DE

Claudius Hubig linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 6 Feb 2012 16:58:53 +0100

keitho@strucktower.com wrote:
>$cat /etc/acpi/lidclose.sh
>echo "echoing from inside script lidclose.sh"
>touch /etc/acpi/tested.ok
>pm-suspend
>
>The first two lines are for testing the script and are later removed.
>Turns out that the echo line doesn't work.

echo usually outputs something somewhere. Where would you expect this
output to turn up? :)

>Until I find a smaller and/or better program I will use the
>xcfe4-power-manager for blanking the screen (in my case it doesn't work
>for putting my laptop into sleep or hibernate mode).

You might also want to have a look at xscreensaver, which can also
blank the screen after a period of inactivity.

Best regards,

Claudius
--
You are going to have a new love affair.
Please use GPG: ECB0C2C7 4A4C4046 446ADF86 C08112E5 D72CDBA4