[ltp] Thinkpad W520, nouveau and external monitors

Micha linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 18 Feb 2012 13:25:23 +0200

------0DYUKWQDV0LWS0DUIN81ZUFBYVIUBR

I don't have a t520 so I don't know, but take note that there is a big difference between an Intel only machine where the Intel can definitely run the external monitor and an optimus machine where it depends on how the manufacturer wired it.
On the w520 the external onboard connector are connected only to the nvidia (although I haven't checked what happens in Intel only mode), but the docking station does connect some of the connectors to the Intel.
On the dell m4600, the digital connectors (HDMI and display port) are connected to the nvidia but the VGA is connected to the Intel.