[ltp] Re: Best laptop for Linux

Claudius Hubig linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 3 Jan 2012 12:55:32 +0100

Hey,

I am currently using a T410s with 8 GB RAM, some i5 CPU and a
128-GB-SSD. I can neither complain about build quality nor about lack
of performance. The screen has a native resolution of 1440x900
pixels, but the integrated graphic chip is well able to support
larger external monitors.

When at home, I have it docked (screen, speakers, mic, keyboard,
mouse, external HDD enclosure=E2=80=A6) , where it also works extremely wel=
l.

Currently running on Debian Testing/Sid with a custom-built 3.1
kernel.

The only drawback is the battery, which lasts (bay drive battery +
larger "normal" one) for about 5-6 hours or 3-4 hours under stress. I
think the newer T420s is far better in this regard.

Best regards,

Claudius
--=20
What foods these morsels be!
Please use GPG: ECB0C2C7 4A4C4046 446ADF86 C08112E5 D72CDBA4
http://chubig.net/ http://nightfall.org