[ltp] Graphic Card | Benchmark | Pymol

Thu, 12 Jan 2012 12:05:08 +0000

> I recently bought a Lenovo ThinkPad X220 and installed Ubuntu 11.10 on
> it. I am doing some benchmarks of the graphical card with glxgears and
> these are the results I get :
>
> # glxgears
> Running synchronized to the vertical refresh.  The framerate should be
> approximately the same as the monitor refresh rate.
> 285 frames in 5.0 seconds = 56.877 FPS
> 295 frames in 5.0 seconds = 58.841 FPS
> 294 frames in 5.0 seconds = 58.781 FPS
> [...]
>
> Are these results ok ? To me, it looks like a poor performance.

Well, it does say  "synchronised to the vertical refresh", so I'd expect
60Hz or so.

My X60 does 2924 / 5s  but doesn't print that line about running
synchronised to the vertical refresh.

I'd suggest installing the (free) game extremetuxracer, and see what you
get from that. (I get 31 fps with the intel driver on X60). The other
useful check is some of the rss-glx screensavers.

Best wishes,

Richard