[ltp] X201 wont halt on shutdown, suspend or hibernate

Rubin Abdi linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 15 Jan 2012 17:14:10 +0100

--------------enig48F4D3A944A2D05E33B830ED

A friend of mine has an X201, under some version of Ubuntu and a current
install of Debian Sid we can't get the thing to halt on shutdown,
suspend or hibernate.

If we hibernate the machine, it'll get to a point where it'll seem like
halting is what's next, but it'll just hang. After a few seconds we can
kill the power then boot the machine back up, it'll return back to the
hibernated session.

Thoughts, suggestions? Thanks!

--=20
Rubin