[ltp] [Slightly off-topic] About to buy a second-hand ThinkPad X200....

Ivan T. Ivanov linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 26 Jan 2012 10:52:00 +0200

On Wed, 2012-01-25 at 11:21 +0100, rappard@dds.nl wrote:
> ....what should I look out for (i.e., what are the common mechanical
> failures with his model)? Also, if anyone knows of good utilities to
> run prior to purchase I'm all ears.

After 2 years of usage, almost 24/7, the there is only one issue that
I have: The fan start to be noisy and bios report "Fan error".

This was prior I find that it was running in "auto" mode which, under
Linux without fan-control, mean all the time.

Fortunately local dealer service replace the failing fan with 24 hours.

I believe that PC Doctor[1] is the "official" tool that services are
using for hardware diagnostic

Ivan

[1] http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?LegacyDocID=MIGR-69537