[ltp] [Slightly off-topic] About to buy a second-hand ThinkPad X200....

Dick Summerfield linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 30 Jan 2012 21:31:02 +0100

Paul and others who contrubuted to this thread: Many thanks.
It's now pretty clear what the "infamous T4x issues" are.
With my hand firmly in contact with wood, I can say that I haven't had any such
problems yet and following the advice from this forum I hope my T43 (apparently
the best bet among the T4x's - Though it does have the ATI graphics) will serve
me at least for a few more years.

The funny thing is that when looking for a cheap used laptop a few months ago
I chose the Thinkpad because I'd heard how rugged they were - drop them, pour
liquid in - take them into space - all no problem. Since then I've heard hardly anything
but how easily they break!!! :-)

That's life! Thanks again...

Dick Summerfield.